Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Medal Heads

We are back from our AAC Nationals, in Sussex New Brunswick, and I'm glad to be home and we return with great news! It was Kaleb, Gyp and Wicca's (and Amanda's) first National, I am so proud of them!

YAHOOOO!!! All of our dogs reached the podium, they get these fancy medals for finished top 10 in their divisions! There were 500 handlers from all over Canada and USA entered.

We will have the videos here too - hopefully in the next day or two!!!!!

ON A SIDE NOTE: Yesterday was the longest day of my life, we left Sussex (10am - 7am Alberta time) and drove to Halifax and spent the day on the harbour front and it was great fun!!!!! The day totalled: 8 hours of driving, explosive diarrhea (Kaleb's not mine) a 5 hour flight, a now dead coyote near Nanton, an Insurance claim to come for my car, 2 energy drinks, and finally arriving at my front door at 2:30am. And two cranky bitches ... and I don't mean the tri-coloured ones ....

I am REALLY REALLY happy to be home, but it was an amazing trip and the best national I have been too!!!! Here are the final results:

Wicca
Had some AWESOME runs, and she did Alberta proud by running in the Steeplechase FINALS, placing second and bringing home $100!!!!!
6" Specials Class
**** 10th Place!!! ****
10 dog class
aggregate score 354.00


Kaleb:
My big goof ball amazed me, and some other people too!!!
22" Specials Class
**** 7th Place!!!!!! ****
23 dog class
aggregate score 465.77


Gyppie
She just started competing one year ago, so I am still in shock.
16" Specials Class
**** 5th Place!!! ****
29 dog class
aggregate score 524.13

Steeplechase semi-fnalist
AND She finished her Steeplechase Title!!!!

6 comments:

onecollie said...

Beautiful pictures of you guys!!!
Glad you have you home safe & sound! Congrats again!!!!

Diana said...

Congradulations to all of you!!!! Diana

Nicki said...

Way to go everyone! How exciting!

Jules said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!

Deirdre said...

Whuuuhoooo!!! It seems none of us can congratulate you two and the dogs enough.

Fabulous photos (Amanda looks like she forgot her sunscreen - again).

Tracy Carter said...

Wow, congrats! Gorgeous ribbons. (I love ribbons. : )